A pairs trade is a trading strategy that involves matching a long position with a short position in two stocks with a high correlation.
Students can research on pair trading algorithms and apply them to Vietnam stock market.
- Elliott, Robert J., John Van Der Hoek*, and William P. Malcolm. “Pairs trading.” Quantitative Finance 5.3 (2005): 271-276.
- Vidyamurthy, Ganapathy. Pairs Trading: quantitative methods and analysis. Vol. 217. John Wiley & Sons, 2004.
- Nazário, Rodolfo Toríbio Farias, et al. “A literature review of technical analysis on stock markets.” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance 66 (2017): 115-126.
- Fang, Fan, et al. “Cryptocurrency trading: a comprehensive survey.” Financial Innovation 8.1 (2022): 1-59.
- Rad, Hossein, Rand Kwong Yew Low, and Robert Faff. “The profitability of pairs trading strategies: distance, cointegration and copula methods.” Quantitative Finance 16.10 (2016): 1541-1558.
- Flori, Andrea, and Daniele Regoli. “Revealing pairs-trading opportunities with long short-term memory networks.” European Journal of Operational Research 295.2 (2021): 772-791.
- Li, Yongli, et al. “Detecting the lead–lag effect in stock markets: definition, patterns, and investment strategies.” Financial Innovation 8.1 (2022): 51.
- Du, Juan. “Mean–variance portfolio optimization with deep learning based-forecasts for cointegrated stocks.” Expert Systems with Applications 201 (2022): 117005.
- Chen, Wei, Haoyu Zhang, and Lifen Jia. “A novel two-stage method for well-diversified portfolio construction based on stock return prediction using machine learning.” The North American Journal of Economics and Finance 63 (2022): 101818.